If you’re fortunate enough to have a home or business that is directly adjacent to a lake or a river, you owe it to yourself to protect your investment. Between the seasonal rising and falling of most bodies of water, and the frequent heavy rainfall that we get in Arkansas, an unprotected shoreline can easily get carried away by erosion. That’s why it is vital to stabilize it with Rip Rap or Armor Stone.

Our team at AA Quarry, LLC has been the leading supplier of premium rock and gravel products for the southeast for the past two decades, and each year, we mine and ship over two million tons of rock products. All of our rock products are locally mined at our Little Rock Quarry from a major outcropping of Nepheline Syenite, which is the predominant rock product in the region, and has characteristics similar to granite. If you have any specific questions about our products, our team of specialists are a phone call or mouse click away, but here’s a brief overview of two of our products that are ideal for erosion control and shoreline stabilization:

Rip Rap Stone-Rip rap is the most economical way to protect any shoreline or hillside. The stones are approximately 10”-18” in diameter, and lock together perfectly. They will allow rainwater or rising lake or river water to drain properly, and will anchor the dirt beneath them and keep it from washing away.

Armor Stone-Many of our clients want to do more than simply protect their shoreline: they want to give their property a touch of class. And armor stone is up to the task. The key difference between armor stone and rip rap is that the stone is custom cut to order, providing a more finished look, but retaining a rustic quality that enables the property to blend with the land more seamlessly. In addition to stabilizing a shoreline or hillside, armor stone can be used to create walkways, retaining walls, water features, and poolside grottos. In fact, you are only limited by your imagination!

If you have any questions, or are ready to schedule an estimate,contact us online, or at 501-565-5333.